Skip Global Navigation to Main Content
Skip Breadcrumb Navigation
"E" (Treaty Trader/Investor) Visas

All E1 (treaty trader) and E2 (treaty investor) visas are processed at U.S. Embassy Mexico City and the U.S. Consulates General in Tijuana and Monterrey only.  All E1 and E2 applicants and their derivatives are welcome to visit the Merida Applicant Service Center for biometric (photo and fingerprint) capture, but will be responsible for sending their E visa application packet to Mexico City, Tijuana or Monterrey.

For more information please visit:

How to apply for an E1 or E2 Visa

Thank you.

Still Have Questions?

  • Questions (State Dept)

    If after reviewing all available visa information on our website you still have questions such as:

    1. "How do I apply for a visa?"
    2. "How much does it cost?"
    3. "What's the difference between the adult and minor fees?"

    Please call: (999) 316-7010

    If you have a more specific problem or issue such as:

    1. "I paid the visa fee for all 4 family members but the appointment website is only recognizing payment for 3 of them. What do I do?"
    2. "I applied for my visa two weeks ago and the Vice Consul told me it was approved but the Air Waybill doesn't appear on the appointment website."

    Please send an e-mail to:

Adobe Reader

  • Adobe
    Download Free

    All downloadable documents on this page are provided in PDF format.  To view PDFs you must have a copy of Adobe Acrobat Reader.  You may download a free version by clicking the link above.